[ROVERNET - UK] Rover Clubs North East USA.

S Manwell s_manwell at alum.swarthmore.edu
Tue Aug 14 03:57:12 BST 2007

James,

Coincidently, as I was making a valiant attempt to catch up on reading
Rovernet, I put your name on a list (along with Laine's) of US Rover
people on Rovernet to invite to participate in the Rover Automobile
Directory.  The directory is not a club, but the intent is to maintain a
list of fellow Rover contacts primarily in the US.

John Burkhard maintains the directory west of the Mississippi and I
maintain the eastern half.     We currently have close to 200 Rover
people on the list, and, since it's hard to avoid collecting only one
Rover, significantly more than 200 Rover cars ranging from the 1920's to
the 1990's.  There are even some Rover motorcycles accounted for.  We
distribute updates of the directory primarily by email in pdf format,
but we also send out a few hard copies.

We typically list each contact's name, street address, phone and car
details.  With the directory in hand you see who your nearest Rover
neighbor is and see who is maintaining or restoring a car like yours or
who has a parts car that might have some parts you need.  If anyone else
on Rovernet would to participate in the directory, just let me or John
know...

We have had a fairly active run of Rover events in the northeast over
the past ten years or so, at least relative to most other regions of the
US -- mainly because we happen to have a higher concentration of Rovers
in the northeast.  I organized several informal events as have Stephen
Beer, Garrett Bourque, Dirk Burrowes, Glen Wilson, Jose Scoseria, Dermot
Harvey and others that I am probably forgetting.

As Glen pointed out, RSTCA.com is another resource which is operated by
Glen and is primarily an on-line function.  I hope that I don't offend
anyone by adding that neither RSTCA, nor the directory is presently
functioning as a multi-service car club per se.

--Steve Manwell
Melrose, MA