[ROVERNET - UK] Positive ground

Gatrell David drnaramata at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 06:29:29 BST 2007

Generators on  "our" cars are externally grounded.

I am quoting from an old textbook.

"Polarize the generator by momentarily connecting a
jumper lead between the ammeter (or battery) and
generator terminals of the regulator or the relay.
This should be done after the leads are connected and
before the engine is started." Procedure is not the
same on internally grounded generators