[ROVERNET - UK] SU needle valve interchange MGC and P6 2000TC

Slatskars slatskars at comcast.net
Tue Aug 14 07:49:57 BST 2007

Nathan,

I am thinking that you have "H" or "HD" type SU's rather than "HS" type. The
"H's" and "HD's" are the only ones with a free floating float. The float
needles should be the same no matter what the size. You really do need to
determine what type of carburetors that you do have. I have vehicles with
all four types of SU's and know them reasonably well.

 A single HD-8 is used on 3 liter P-5's. Some models of Jaguar use dual
HD-8's. A good source of information would be Moss motors as they stock
parts for Jaguars also. I personally have had good luck with gross jets. I
had a brand new set of H-4's that one of them would flood. I cleaned and
checked the float needle everyway possible, but could not get it to function
properly. Changed them over to Gross Jets and the problem went away. The car
never ran smoother.

Slats