[ROVERNET - UK] SU needle valve interchange MGC and P6 2000TC

Brian Humphreys brian_humphreys at btconnect.com
Tue Aug 14 17:09:55 BST 2007

Hi Nathan,
Your HS8's are listed on the Burlen Fuels website, I think they might have
mis-typed the year with the engine cc though! (My Haynes SU Carburettor book
says the AUD 254 is for a 1967/68 USA TC). Burlen are the 'owners' of the SU
these days and this link should provide you with all the legit new spares
for your carbies.
You need a AAA needle at £7.00 each plus tax/postage etc.


-----Original Message-----
From: rovernet-bounces at lyris.ccdata.com
[mailto:rovernet-bounces at lyris.ccdata.com] On Behalf Of Nathan Obuch
Sent: 14 August 2007 02:41
To: rovernet at lyris.ccdata.com
Subject: [ROVERNET - UK] SU needle valve interchange MGC and P6 2000TC

Greetings, Rovernetters,

I have a '69 TC with HS8 carbs (AUD254.) I am having trouble with my float
bowls overflowing...the floats haven't sunk, so I'm pretty sure I need new
needle valves. I noticed that the MGC also uses HS8's, so I was just
thinking of ordering needle valves from Victoria British. I also noticed
that in the illustration for the MGC, the floats are hinged to the float
bowl lids, where as on my Rover, the floats are free floating- so I'm
concerned that the needle valves might be different. 

Does anyone have a definitive answer? 


Need a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.

rovernet mailing list
rovernet at lyris.ccdata.com
To unsubscribe, go to this web page, look near the bottom and follow
Back-up list and photos at:

More information about the rovernet mailing list