[ROVERNET - UK] Rover Clubs North East USA.

Hank and Sally Manwell hdmanwell at alumni.bates.edu
Tue Aug 14 18:34:25 BST 2007

Hi James,

As Glen said, I live here just northwest of Syracuse; friends have called me
"Henry's home for homeless Rovers."

As others have inferred, we have the internet to thank for a "critical mass"
of Rovers and enthusiasts; its hard to find any small geographical area with
enough Rovers to gather for a local meet, though the New England area comes
as close as any.

As to clubs, my son, Steven, and I maintain between us memberships in UKs
Rover Sports Register, the P6 owners' club and drivers' club and P5 club,
not to mention the Rover Club of Canada.   So we're in touch with expertise
and parts sources.  And the Rover net is really an international "club".
Some years ago I posted a call for help with a particular P4 problem and had
an answer back from South Africa within an hour!  For a seventy something
person that still seem miraculous.   The Toronto Area Club (TARC) is a good
mix of Land Rover and Rover owners.  I used to belong and had hopes of
participating in their many activities, but could never seem to pull it off.

We have a couple of pretty good British car meets near Syracuse, and perhaps
there are some over your way.

Keep in touch..........

Hank