[ROVERNET - UK] SU needle valve interchange MGC and P6 2000TC

Vern Klukas vern at inkspotco.com
Tue Aug 14 19:43:17 BST 2007

HD carbs have free floats, but the needle valve is operated by a hinged lever.

HS carbs have hinged floats.

Needle valves are the same for pretty much all HD and HS carbs, the
one proviso being that you check the bore of the seat. A valve from a
HS5 carb will have a smaller bore than a HS8 carbs, which leads to
running the bowls dry a highway speeds or sustained work.

Yours
Vern