[ROVERNET - UK] NAS P6B w.Electric sunroof, Minilites

Vern Klukas vern at inkspotco.com
Tue Aug 14 23:42:26 BST 2007

>Netters,
>I cannot seem to find any information on metal sliding sunroofs
>fitted to NAS P6B (3500S).  I have just picked up a car with what
>appears to be a "factory" fitted electrically operated metal
>sunroof.  I haven't been able to get it open yet (no battery in the
>car) so can't see any labels.  It's a really nice installation.  The
>car also has what appears to be a set of five Minilite wheels or
>similar.  Can someone tell be how to identify "real" Minilites.  The
>wheels are very dull like real magnesium.

If the wheels are without tires, a real minilite will seem very light
for it's mass (it is about 60% the specific gravity of aluminum).

If you want to get real busy, you could dunk one in water, measure
the volume, weight and calculate the SG, which would tell you for
sure if it was magnesium

I recall seeing "minilite" cast on either the backside rim or centre
as well, but it has been many, many years since I've set eyes on a
genuine wheel, so a lack of that is no indication.

Yours
Vern