[ROVERNET - UK] Rover road trip

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 02:51:06 BST 2007

Oh........ clarification!

Dirk drives it to near the Sea-Tac airport.
He meets a car carrier guy.
Guy loads car and drives it and a few others overland.

Dirk and Curtis fly home.

My wife and I reckon they have had (at the most) 10
hours sleep in 48 hours (having travelled back and
forth across the continent.

Too bad they don't live nearby us.  They are great
people.  Curtis is the next generation of Rover
enthusiast.  He has his own Rover 2000 SC and is
rebuilding a 3500S  (17 yrs old!)

Eric

--- S Manwell <s_manwell at alum.swarthmore.edu> wrote:

> Wow -- that's quite a road trip for a new Rover!
> Looking forward to
> seeing it back here in Massachusetts.
>

> > We just completed a great visit with Dirk and his
> son
> > as they came to pick up his new (for him) 3.5
> Litre P5
> > Coupe.  He's on his way home now.
> >
> > I readily agreed to help him with his adventure
> after
> > reading of his contributions to the Rover
> brotherhood
> > in the Northeast of the U.S.A.  Somebody with that
> > kind of passion for Rovers needs to be supported,
> > thought.

Webmaster of The Rover Car Club of Canada
Website:  http://www.roverclub.ca/
Webmaster of a variety of sites from:
http://www.websrus.ca