[ROVERNET - UK] 2000 TC carb needle valves/ MGC

Slatskars slatskars at comcast.net
Wed Aug 15 06:02:41 BST 2007

I wonder if you may have the wrong type of float bowl lids on your
carburetors. The HS types have a hinged float. The float chamber also has a
small plastic line out of the bottom that is part of the primary jet
assembly. This is the most obvious identification feature of the HS type.
Cancel that thought. The HS has three screws holding on the top, whereas the
H and HD are held on with a single banjo fitting down the center. I guess
that it would be possible to simply install the free floating floats from an
H or HD into the HS float chamber and substitute the pivot and needle
assembly also, rather than use the proper hinged float. However, I cannot
imagine why someone would do that??? If that is the situation, it should be
relatively easy to restore then to the proper HS type of floats and float
needle mechanisms.

Slats