[ROVERNET - UK] Windscreen Wiper Delay - How Long?

Brian Humphreys brian_humphreys at btconnect.com
Sat Aug 18 17:27:55 BST 2007

Thanks, I knew it should be a reasonable value, now I know what I'm aiming
for.

I've experimented with different amounts of sponge and optimally (when the
air is being fully expelled rather than compressed because there is too much
sponge to allow the air to leave) I can eek an extra 1/2 second (big deal).
I also found that if I put insulation tape all the way round the unit before
putting on the spring clips I can get another second (wow). So now I'm up to
2.5 seconds on max.

Pressing in the plunger and covering the vacuum pipe inlet with my thumb
does not hold the plunger in - which I believe it should do.

I guess that the only thing left is the one way valve disc underneath the
sponge.

Does anyone have any good ideas on a diy repair disc?

Brian.