[ROVERNET - UK] Oil leak V8

Robert Heimerl robertime at cavtel.net
Thu Aug 23 00:01:19 BST 2007

Hi, James --

It was good meeting you a couple of months ago when I passed
through Ft. Lauderdale.  I've not yet gotten the engine back
together so that I can test your luminition
distributor/electronic ignition combo, but hope to do so
soon.

Is it the walls of the oil pump cavity (where the gears go)
that you're asking about?  If so, I doubt there's much one
can do.  [Perhaps someone else knows for sure.]  If it's the
lower pump cover/filter mount, yes, that can be machined --
someone gave me one that had already been done, metal
filings and all.  Unfortunately it was designed for another
version of the engine, perhaps the original Buick -- there
was no place to accomodate either the  oil pressure light
switch or the oil pressure guage sending unit.  My oil pump
cover shows some sign of wear on the idler gear side, less
on the other.  I'll probably just re-use it since I've not
come up with a source for one yet and it's not too deeply
grooved.  We'll see once the oil pump is back together and
the new fuel pump arrives, possibly in the next couple of
days....

Robert