[ROVERNET - UK] P6 interference/free running?

Ron Venter venterrh at telus.net
Tue Dec 11 01:40:52 GMT 2007

Nathan and Vern,
                    You have me worried! I recently fitted a 2000
engine with new 9:1 pistons. With the head off, the crankshaft
rotated fully. With the head on but without the timing chain
connected, I could not turn the crankshaft a full 360
degrees  --  almost but not quite. With the timing chain on
everything rotates smoothly. What have I done wrong? The engine is
not yet back in the car, so I don't know if it actually runs.
                                                 Regards,
                                                         Ron V.