[ROVERNET - UK] Rover P6 B 3500 Brake booster spec

phing phing at videotron.ca
Sat Dec 22 19:53:55 GMT 2007

Hi
 I got the Brooklands reprints of all the P6B road tests " Rover 3500 1968-1977 " as an early Christmas present . The book is a
complete anorak's delight
 I found this in the " Motor "road test April 20 1968 of  the original P6B 3500,  the writer is  discussing  changes from the 2000
specification " Increased servo assistance is provided by a Lockheed unit of 8 inch effective diameter , in place of the 7 inch
type, giving a boost ratio of 4:1 "
So far I havn't found any other data on the servo . It  appears not to have been uprated in sebsequent versions of the 3500 .
Cheers
 Patrick