[ROVERNET - UK] SD1 Gearbox

Nick and Laurie Hand flynp170 at cablelynx.com
Thu Feb 1 02:44:41 GMT 2007

Hi Kent,
Just a recap of how I got to this point. I bought the car in Oregon with a
bad transmission. I purchased a used transmission  from Rover shop in
Oregon. Prior to installing replaced front & rear seals, did a cursory
visual inspection, of what I could see. Transmission had a bearing noise
from the beginning. 7000 miles now and does not seem to be any worse; but I
don't want to drive it to destruction. The plan was to drive this engine and
transmission a couple of years and  rebuild the engine and transmission in
my parts car, to have a replacement on hand. I've driven parts car .
Transmission is quiet and behaves normally. If I could replace the front
bearing with out splitting the case I thought it might be worth while.  Nick