[ROVERNET - UK] Headlight Talk

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Mon Feb 5 13:02:34 GMT 2007

> Check out
> http://www.danielsternlighting.com

I often find myself in this position these days, but am I the only who
finds it somehow morally repugnant to contemplate spending $109 or even
$75 on a single sealed beam headlight? Personally, I'd start question my
priorities if I found myself spending over $200 on a pair of Cibie
headlights for a 40-year-old automobile. This would demonstrate a
serious lack of perspective on where the world is at the moment. There
are much better things to do with such disposable income, and it's not
just a matter of what one can afford. It's still a conscious decision to
spend an extra $150 on headlights rather than providing medical care to
some family in Darfur or New Orleans. This is not directed at anyone in
particular, but let's get a grip.

I'm such a killjoy, I know.

Glen