[ROVERNET - UK] LIGHTS and brains

Brooks restore at nbnet.nb.ca
Wed Feb 7 02:36:33 GMT 2007

Fletcher...you made some valid points..points that no sane man could
disagree with...however NOT ALL older model light were rubbish..in fact I
still use bosh and lucas for my P6B..they are far superior to the  lights
that came standard with the late model Lincoln Town car (recently sold) and
even the ones on the new chrysler mini van.
  Good condition,quality,well aimed headlight are indeed a MUST.  I checked
last year with the dept. of motor vehicles and was told that it is not legal
to install headlights that differ from standard equiptment specs.  It's a
stupid law...but the law none the less.

  There are so many peoiple that drive cars/trucks with no concern for
others on the road...there is a limit on lumins allowed but few today seem
to know or care.

  It's great to have high powered lights but if the oncoming traffic is
blinded you are "THE CAUSE" of an accident. Well aimed and clean lights are
the only solution...it does not matter what type you are using as long as
they meet but NOT EXCEED the legal lumins alowed. I am one of many that as I
get older I find that night driving is becoming more dificult..I consider
that to be MY problem and if I were to use high powered lights to compensate
then I would be passing my problem on to others. I simply restrict my night
driving within my better judgement.

 Regards

 Dennis Brooks

 PS...   Very good topic !!!