[ROVERNET - UK] Charging problem

Steve Lawrence jaoa27 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 20 00:38:39 GMT 2007

My system shows no charging voltage from my Lucas alternator.  I removed the
alternator (what a pain) and took it to the shop.  It checked out fine, as
did the 4TR alternator control.  There has been no change in the wiring.
There was some fraying of the insulation where the leads touched the exhaust
manifold, so I replaced these wires.
If the 3AW warning light control goes bad, I doubt this would mess with the
charging voltage??  What about the 6RA relay in the circuit? My volt meter
is packed right now, so if you think the 6RA may be to blame, I am happy to
buy a spare and see if this is the trouble.

Thank you,
Steve