[ROVERNET - UK] 3500S hose snafu questions........long sob story

Bill Robertson rover2000nut at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 22 21:08:09 GMT 2007

This is a long story so please bear with me........i'm in need of help as to
what goes to where on my 3500S.......... i queried about the engine breather
but have figured out that no it does not have 2 like were on it but only one
to the rear left pipe of the air box........the right pipe which had a
breather to no where.....i now see from the book it does not have a breather
there but rather a pipe to the charcoal canister...............However the
previous chap has the charcoal canister line hooked up to the LH air intake
adapter (L SHAPED PIPE)...........If someone could look at their parts
manual on page 160 the 3500s model air cleaner and silencer
page..........Tha LH air intake adapter has an  L shaped pipe coming out of
the front above #46..........Since the charcoal filter line goes to the air
cleaner box what goes to this L pipe(the right side or the side closest to
the air intake elbow) .............................

I also notice the lines to the air cleaner mixing flap valve and the vacuum
switch and the inatke manifold are missing and the manifold line is
capped............Do i need these hooked back up or is this just for warming
the engine up quicker in cooler climates(i only hope to drive it in the
summer LOL)

Lastly for now ........the rear pipe and upper pipe from the hot air pick up
for the AED which i don't have are just left open and the rear of the intake
elbow is capped..............can i just cap these pipes which don't appear
to be used anymore or am i missing something.............I hate when lines
are missing or capped and you don't know where anything is supposed to go or
what it originally went to..................i better get a shop manual soon
   LOL      the parts book is only taking me so far
Thanks for listening....look forward to having someone solve my snafu
Oh and i have got the shock absorbers coming ....Thanks Ruth

Bill Robertson