[ROVERNET - UK] Celica 5 speed into a 3500s

roger.matheson at bigpond.com roger.matheson at bigpond.com
Mon Jan 15 00:59:31 GMT 2007

Hi all, Happy new year etc.

I am planning to put a steel case Celica 5 speed into my 3500s, that I have in a converted auto parts car (so I think I have all the bits).  My four speed clutch is slipping and it seems the ideal opportunity but time is short.  Does any one have experience of this.  Will it fit, what is involved in making a rear mounting, what is required with the gearbox tunnel for the gear stick etc etc ???  When removing the engine and gearbox together any helpful tips would be much appreciated, eg required ground clearance.  What is the best with the power steering pump, is it simpler to remove and set aside with hoses attached or remove hoses and subsequently bleed etc.

Anyone feel inclined to come and help. LOL

Cheers

Roger Matheson