[ROVERNET - UK] Ignition systems

defender110 at ozemail.com.au defender110 at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jan 18 08:13:49 GMT 2007

Maybe my experience was partly clouded by medication ... <g>, but in
reverse polarity:-
* the electrode wear was higher than "normal"
* the engine didn't seem as smooth running.

The CDI system certainly fired fouled plugs easier!
:-)

My crossfiring episode was with a high compression v8.
The biggest problem was the lead geometry at the dizzy cap itself.

Cheers
Dave
South Oz

Paul Smith wrote:
> The crossfiring is the issue - but I had none on my 100, which has all the leads in the HT tube.
> So work that one out!  It really means the insulation thickness on the leads is inadequate, allowing induction or arcing.
> The spark direction only affects electrode wear - central vs earth.
<snip>