[ROVERNET - UK] 2000TC Oil Filter Numbers

Vern Klukas vern at inkspotco.com
Fri Jan 26 00:19:06 GMT 2007

I wouldn't go so far as to call it an oddball filter, after all it is
easy to find. What I would now call oddball, in the sense of rare, is
the application, at least in North America. P6 4cyl cars are uncommon
enough now that few general catalogs list them anymore in North
America, or even worse, wrong information creeps in because there is
not enough turnover to generate complaints and fix the catalog error.

And at the crux of the whole issue was the decision by Rover to use a
standing filter design, which necessitated the stand pipe inside. I
presume (actually, I think I know, having seen several Caterpillar
engines with standing filters) that the Cat and Perkins engines use
the filter for the same reason.

Yours
Vern