[ROVERNET - UK] 165 x 14 tyres.

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 05:20:52 BST 2007

James,
I use Dunlop Touring D65 tires on my 1969 Rover 2000
TC.  They are marked on the tire as  P175/70R 14

I had a discussion with a tire shop owner before
arriving at those tires.

He offered these comparisons:

A) P165/80, section width 6.5 inches, overall dia.
24.41 inches

B)  P175/70, section width 6.97 inches, overall dia.
23.70 inches

C)  P185/75 R14, section width 7.24 inches, overall
dia. 25.00 inches

So,..... I went with a tire that was 0.59 inches
greater in diameter and a section width which was 0.47
inches.

I wanted to avoid rubbing on the rear tires where the
rubber comes close to the base unit in the wheel well
(on the outside edge of the tire)

Eric

--- James Radcliffe <j_radcliffe at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I need to get some tyres for my 2000 TC. Rover
> recommends 165 x 14's. I seem
> to recall from purchasing tyres in Australia for my
> 2000 auto that 175/65 x
> 14's are an equivilent size.
>
> James.

Webmaster of The Rover Car Club of Canada
Website:  http://www.roverclub.ca/
Webmaster of a variety of sites from:
http://www.websrus.ca