[ROVERNET - UK] Certificate of Conformity & Hello

Mike Maher michael.maher at virgin.net
Fri Jul 27 22:55:17 BST 2007

Chris, Please contact me off list. There are many ways that the Rover Sports 
Register may be able to help.  The club has helped many rover owners reclaim 
and re establish registrations.  It really shouldn't be that difficult to 
find out the car's production details from the BMIHT at Gaydon, given the 
VIN.     Armed with that data you may be able to apply for a registration 
more easily.


Mike Maher

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Chris J Wilson" <chris at chris-wilson.org>
To: <rovernet at lyris.ccdata.com>
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 9:52 PM
Subject: [ROVERNET - UK] Certificate of Conformity & Hello

Hi all,

It's been a while since I last was a member of Rovernet - I think about 10 
years now when I was still living in New Zealand. I've been in England for 
the last couple of years, and working my way through the Rover range.

I still have a '67 P6 2000SC back in NZ, and over the last couple of years 
I've had a '97 414Si hatchback and a '98 416Si saloon. I've currently got a 
'70 P6B Estate (resto project) and tomorrow I'm picking up a '70 or '71 P6B.

The reason I'm not sure on the year is simply that the car has no paperwork. 
It's an Ebay purchase and the guy bought it for parts, drove it around his 
village once and then parked it up. Fortunately for me, he didn't strip the 
engine out and I've managed to get hold of it. We tried to start it the 
other weekend for the first time in a year, and the only reason we can see 
that it wouldn't fire was because the distributor cap is damaged. So 
tomorrow I'm taking some spares from the Estate and hopefully she'll start 
up. The bodywork isn't bad - some surface rust - but none of the usual boot 
floor/chassis rust you'd expect, and she has a rather nice set of minilites 
fitted too.

As there is no paperwork or even old number plates, I have to start from 
scratch. I don't think it'll be a big job getting this one back on the road, 
and it'll give my BMW 1-series a rest with all the miles I'm doing.

In the UK, to register a car without any plates, you need to use a 
Certificate of Conformity as a reference sheet. This lets you pull certain 
car-weight-size-related figures and input them onto the form. As you 
normally get this from the manufacturer and as I doubt that the Chinese know 
a lot about the old paperwork, does anyone either have one of these for a 
series 2 P6B, or know where I might be able to get a recent UK-issued one?

Any help would be appreciated..


Chris Wilson
Hampshire, England

rovernet mailing list
rovernet at lyris.ccdata.com
To unsubscribe, go to this web page, look near the bottom and follow 
Back-up list and photos at:

More information about the rovernet mailing list