[ROVERNET - UK] Aftermarket air filter revisited

Steve L jaoa27 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 1 06:39:51 GMT 2007

Fletcher,
I took your advice, and the old cans are now in the recycle bin.  I rigged
this up this evening:
Link:    http://mysite.verizon.net/amurphy64/Rover/carbs.jpg

I am not sure of the correct application of these filters, but since they
had the correct ID to seal quite well on the adapter "trumpet" flanges, I
will go with it for a while.  I will not get any designed-in restriction
afforded by the original air cleaner housings, but the carbs will get plenty
of air (for a change!).  I do not drive in the wet weather so I am not
concerned about the filters potentially getting wet. One day I will stop
monkeying around and use the stock set-up.

BTW, I also corrected all the vent hose routing.  I am good to go except for
that charging problem that I am still de-bugging.  I should have my DVOM
unpacked by the weekend.

Steve L