[ROVERNET - UK] P6B - Removing rear brakes

Ray Wilkins raywilkins at optusnet.com.au
Mon Mar 12 10:42:55 GMT 2007

Dear fellow Roverites,

I know this has been raised in the past but a lot of water (not to mention
oil, coolant, trans fluid, PS fluid etc etc) has flowed under the bridge
since. I am going to have to remove the rear brake callipers from my P6B and
would like to hear from anyone who has any tips, pearls of wisdom etc from
having done it before. I do have the Repair Operation Manual and if I don't
get any responses will just follow that step by step. However, I am aware
that those procedures are not necessarily the best or most efficient way and
so if anyone knows of better and/or easier ways, it will be you gentlemen. I
am not just going to replace the pads but also the hoses as well as
recondition the callipers themselves.

I await, in roveranticipation,

Ray Wilkins,
1976 P6B