[ROVERNET - UK] About carb kits

peter king peter at king-co.com
Thu Mar 15 14:29:11 GMT 2007

Hi David,

If you are ordering new needles with your kits, be sure to give Joe
the number on your existing needles (You'll need a magnifying glass).
The needles he recommended for my 71 3500s were too lean (fat), so I
kept the old ones in until I can get new ones that match, or a
thinner set. I have three sets of needles from three different sets
of SU carbs, two 1970 and one 1971, and all of them were different
sizes. After rebuilding mine, I still have some hesitation starting
off, which is cured by choking slightly (dropping the needle down in
the jet, enriching the mixture) so I'm planning on trying a thinner
needle next.

Peter