[ROVERNET - UK] Bleeding brakes!

Slatskars slatskars at comcast.net
Wed May 2 22:18:08 BST 2007

Hi Steven,

I did mention in an earlier e-mail a couple of weeks ago, that when using
the Mity-vac, you had to seal around the threads of the bleeder valve to
prevent air from being drawn in at that point. I used grease, but it would
probably be a good idea to use teflon tape on the fittings. I ran into this
problem when bleeding the brakes on a 74 MGB. On the rear drums, the
Mity-vac worked fine, but would not work at all on the front calipers. Kept
drawing fluid with bubbles.

Slats