[ROVERNET - UK] Electrical Question

Walter Reynolds wreynold at uniserve.com
Sat May 12 04:11:26 BST 2007

Hi Rovernet'ers. Any thoughts on my electrical problem:  My IGN light won't
go out.  This is the third spring in a row where I have experienced this.
Repairs to date have been new battery plus R&R generator; R&R voltage
regulator; new voltage regulator.  Car is 1968 P6 SC automatic.  No problems
turning engine over or starting engine.

Other than charging the battery with a battery charger and check that the
fan belt appears tight enough, I've not spent any serious time on the
problem yet, this time, but plan on starting to look into it on Monday.

First thing I will do is to replace the voltage regulator with a new one
that I bought from Ruth (when last years problem arose - but didn't need
because the garage I took the car to had one) and see what happens.  If,
after the change-over, the IGN light stays on, then it's time to look at the
generator - not a task I welcome because it's so hard to get at the
generator.

Before I get the hands mucky, any thoughts?

Thanks.  Walter.