[ROVERNET - UK] Re: V8 Engine Questions

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Wed May 16 03:13:11 BST 2007

Hi Aidrian,
I would love to have all the details on the ZF conversion.
 The only bellhousing I have ever seen for the ZF/Rover V8
does not mount the trans "straight up", but has it clocked
to the left so as to clear the front drive shaft on Range
Rovers.  This bell housing is very deep to allow for the
dual flex plate setup used on ZF equipped engines.  To use
this bell housing in a saloon it is necessary to section
the oil pan and oil pickup tube.  The 4wd and 2wd
tailhousings for the 22/24 HP Rangies are interchangable
with Jag, BMW, and Volvo tailhousings without
disassembling the transmission.  I have several of these
transmissions but haven't been able to figure out how to
fit one in a P6B.  Maybe it's not as hard as I'm thinking.

The LT77 conversion seems simple by comparrison.

Roverly,
Kent K.

On Tue, 15 May 2007 17:39:56 -0700