[ROVERNET - UK] 2000TC carpet and seat coverings

Aidrian Bridgeman-Sutton smokeandsteam at gmail.com
Sat May 19 19:14:09 BST 2007

There was a change in seat design about 1971-72 when inertia reel
belts began to be fitted. This required a slightly narrower seat to
accomodate the reel so later UK spec seat coverings will not fit seats
from older cars.

Box pleats were't AFAIK available until the arrival of the Federal
3500S - your car should have flat panel seats in Bridge of Weir
leather.

Wadhams or Ian Wilson at Rover Classics can sell you a replacement
carpet set, but original leather seats in good nick are very hard to
find - 40 odd years have taken its toll on most of them.

I spoke recently with MkII Jaguar owner who had his seats refurbished
south of the border in a small trim shop, but didn't get much detail
as to exactly where. He had more trouble convincing the owner that he
didn't want bright colours and fancy stitching than with anything else
- the cost was in his words about a third of what he had been quoted
in California

Aidrian
Ramona CA