[ROVERNET - UK] Looking For SU Pump Parts

Slatskars slatskars at comcast.net
Mon May 21 03:00:08 BST 2007

Roland,

I am familiar with the person in WA doing the pump rebuilds and would not
hesitate to send one to him. I cannot pull his name or e-mail address out of
my memory at the moment, but may be able to in a day or two. He rebuilds
them to the latest electronic specifications. He has written an article or
two on SU pumps on some of the MGB websites, you might try there.

Rebuilding them is not too difficult if you follow the instructions. Adding
a diode is a good option. You may need a different cap if you have the flat
ones. Is your pump a double ended one, with one end the reserve? The diode
can be made to be either negative or positive ground by reversing the lead
terminal ends. The diode is connected across the coil itself, not across the
point as a condenser would be. I bought some used diodes from this guy some
time ago. These were from units that he had converted to electronic. He is a
former Navy Electronics Technician that later got he EE degree. Pretty sharp
guy. He checks all facets of the pumps, such as the coil for shorts and
insulation leakage, etc.

Slats