[ROVERNET - UK] Need help - Cyclops voltage regulator

Geoff Kirkpatrick britcarnut at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 00:16:08 BST 2007

Hi all,

The voltage regulator in my '51 P4 Cyclops has failed, and I'm looking at
repair or replacement options.  I found this unit on Ebay, identified as a
Jaguar XK120 unit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140119311513&rd=1

It looks identically external, and almost identical internally except that
the cutout design is slightly different from mine.  Can anyone confirm
that this unit is functionally the same as the P4 unit?

Alternatively, is there anyone around who repairs/rebuilds these things?

Thanks,

Geoff

"This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible service to him."
- William Lyon Phelps

Geoff Kirkpatrick, 382 Riverside Avenue, Ben Lomond, CA 95005, USA