[ROVERNET - UK] Front Wheel "Hubs"/Dust Covers

Netspace vmitps at netspace.net.au
Sat Nov 3 21:34:41 GMT 2007

You tap it off.
Hitting the outer end orthogonally to the axle works to loosen it; keep
turning it 90 degrees and hit again (not massive blows).
The flange is ok method, use a long drift to get in to it.
Yes, the Rover book says things like "offer up the gearbox to the engine,
being carfeul to not load the gearbox input shaft" when it weighs 60kg and
you can't see a thing and there is no room...

PVS