[ROVERNET - UK] Temperature sensor in airflow meter

Warwick Brooks warwick at regscom.com.au
Tue Nov 6 23:12:23 GMT 2007

Make sure that it's clean inside the throttle body too Jan.  That model has
a tendency to idle strangely when there is any of the black sooty gunk that
accumulates near the butterfly and vacuum ports.

It affects idle speed which sometimes starts to drop lower and lower with
time.  Particularly noticeable when changing gears or stopping at an
intersection in a manual when the revs will drop below 500 and then just
die.  It has all the symptoms of fuel starvation but a good rinse out of the
throttle body around the butterfly with an aerosol carby cleaner will fix it
until next time.

Warwick.