[ROVERNET - UK] OT Prison

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Tue Oct 9 18:51:37 BST 2007

Brooks wrote:

>  You are to be commended for your warmth and caring....however in many
> cases these criminals already found God at their bail hearings or trial.

We make no judgements concerning what they have done.  That is a matter
for the courts.  We only deal with their present circumstances and with
spiritual matters.  Kairos was originally designed to create a faith
community (we have had a few Muslims and Jews, but the program is
admittedly Christian) among those who had no hope of  parole and Kairos
weekends were conducted only among those inmates thus sentenced.  Over
the years that has changed. We cannot honestly say that Kairos affects
the recidivism rate or that those who live a Christian life on the
inside will continue it once released.  We have an indication that some
do.  That's enough for me.  I owe God far more than I can repay.  I have
been at this long enough to usually be able to at least tell the sincere
seekers from those who are playing games.  There are also those who fool
themselves...but most of us do that anyway.

Serving a Life sentence...
Kent K.