[ROVERNET - UK] noise from underneath

Aidrian Bridgeman-Sutton smokeandsteam at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 17:21:25 BST 2007

A "howl" would make me look first for a problem in the differential,
gearbox or a bearing; the structure of the car can sometimes transmit
noise in peculiar ways so it may not sem to be coming form where the
problem lies.

In regard to the mounts regardless of the mileage rubber bushes are
likely to need replacing at some stage, as they will perish just
through being exposed to the atmosphere. (That's entropy, man...)
After forty years I'd just as soon assume they were no good and
replace them rather than find out the hard way

Aidrian

: