[ROVERNET - UK] Mixture problems-resolved, sort of...

David Read defender110 at ozemail.com.au
Sat Oct 20 23:24:53 BST 2007

Hi Stephen/Larry
My $0.02 worth ... <g>.

The Kettering ignition system relies heavily on the maximum possible
energy storage buildup in the coil (dwell) and then breaking the current
flow in the shortest possible time to generate the maximum spark.

Electronics should break the flow far faster than the points.
If points give a "fatter" spark than the electronics, this suggests
to me two possibilities ....
1. The electronics is not allowing current to flow long
enough (dwell) or
2. Is not breaking the current fast enough.

Cheers
Dave
South Oz

Larry wrote:
> Steven, I too am having a tough time with tuning my TC. I have a
> Petronix unit in  place and I would be interested in what they say when
> you call them. Regards, Larry
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven Dibdin" <sdibdin at hotmail.com>

<snip>