[ROVERNET - UK] 1967 Rover 2000TC For Sale in Central NY

S Manwell s_manwell at alum.swarthmore.edu
Sat Sep 8 19:44:03 BST 2007

Pat Thompson is moving and wants to sell his very solid 2000 TC.  It is
a 1967, single servo NADA car.  He got it from me several years ago
without an engine and gearbox, and since then has put in an engine and
gearbox and got the car running and on the road.  Over the past year or
two it has been off the road again with handbrake and starter solenoid
problems.

The body is straight and generally very good:  the base unit is
excellent, but there is rust through in the usual places on the front
fenders where a brace is attached below the trim strip and it is getting
into the lower front corners of the rear fenders.  It needs a partial or
full repaint (April Yellow) as the paint is thin in places (especially
on the hood), the trunk has a dent and the sill covers, lower doors,
valences and other local areas have light surface rust.

It had air conditioning, but the compressor has been removed and the
dash console replaced with the non-a/c type.

Mechanically it needs at least the handbrake repair and some exhaust
work.  The solenoid and alternator circuit need attention.  Overall it
needs general recommissioning and TLC.  I would love to take it on again
myself, but I have too many projects already.

The interior is the relatively rare Buffalo color (dark brown).  The
rear seats are very good, front passenger seat is fair to good, and
drivers seat upholstery needs repair.  The door cards are very good.

Pat is asking $500 and is open to offers; he is reachable at
315-662-2184 in Cazenovia, NY where the car is located.   I took lots of
detail photos last month which I can send by email.

--Steve Manwell