[ROVERNET - UK] Inertia Reel Seatbelts for Early P6

phing phing at videotron.ca
Wed Sep 12 02:42:20 BST 2007

HI
 I recently  fitted a set of inertia reel seat belts to an early E type Jaguar . The car had anchors built into the shell but no
belts were fitted . The inertia reel was fitted to the upper anchor point , the long belt went across the chest to the buckle and
then back to an anchor on the floor outboard of the seat . The other part of the buckle was mounted on a stalk bolted to an anchor
mounted on the inboard side of the seat . This put the reel at an angle but the belts worked properly allowing movment but locking
up on rapid deceleration .  This system should work in a P6 since the upper anchor must be well behind the seat , even when it is as
far back as it can go ???
 Cheers
 Patrick Hiron  ----- Original Message -----