[ROVERNET - UK] Another great Rover showing

LANCE G LACERTE, LANCE G LA CERTE lacpsyd6 at msn.com
Tue Sep 18 05:49:32 BST 2007

Following on the heels of Dirk's great showing, I have to once again extend
my thanks to all on the Rovernet who have helped in countless ways over the
past 1.5 years as I rebuilt the motor and completely refurbished the engine
bay and suspension on my 1970 'Federal' 3500S.  As always, Ruth of ABC was
invaluable in sourcing all the engine parts.  Ted Ax worked his magic and
rebuilt the engine which runs like buttttttaaaaahhhh!!!

Just returned from the Colorado Antique British Motorcycle and Car Conclave
in Arvada, CO.  There were 550 vehicles in attendance. For the first time I
displayed the car with the bonnet proudly propped open and subsequently
walked away with First Place in the Rover division.  Truth be told, for the
past 10 years I'm usually the only Rover car which shows up and I'm always
lumped in with a bunch of boxy, unsightly, Land Rovers and Range Rovers who
always vote amongst themselves.  This year they couldn't deny the beauty of
a shiny new engine and cast their ballots for me.

As an aside, I met a Curtis Jacobson who helps run an organization called
British V8.   They have an annual meet (next year at Elkhart, WI) of any and
all British marques with V8 engines.  This includes marques that have had
their engines swapped for a V8 (e.g., many MG's etc).   He had never seen a
P6B 3500S and took dozens of pictures for their website.  He indicates that
they have 450 pages on their website, including 40,000 pictures and all
sorts of technical tips regarding V8s.  If any one is interested he stated
that the full compliment of pictures of my car will be up on the website in
about 1-2 weeks.  Apparently you need to click on 'Photo Gallery' and then
'other British cars' because there are no other Rovers on the site.  The web
link is www.britishv8.org.

Enough for now.  Thanks again for all the help.

Lance La Certe, Denver, CO