[ROVERNET - UK] Chrome Plating

slatskars at comcast.net slatskars at comcast.net
Wed Apr 2 16:16:40 BST 2008

I finally Googled Pot Metal Repair and came up with a couple of good hits. One is www.muggyweld and the other was Caswell.com. I bought (ordered) two .25 oz. tubes of the Caswell Pot-metal zinc metal solder. You drill out the pits, fill them with the paste, apply heat (propane torch until it flows, sand and re-plate. I found this one first, otherwise, I think that I might have purchased the muggyweld. It will fill hols and even weld broken pieces according to their claims. They do have some instructional film clips on their website. Looks promising!

Slats
From: Anders Hedelund <anders at xoz.dk>