[ROVERNET - UK] Pertronix for 3500S

peter king peter at king-co.com
Sun Apr 20 02:42:42 BST 2008

Hi Bill,

I installed a Pertronix Ignitor LU183 in my 71 3500s. I ordered it
directly from Pertronix in CA, ( http://pertronix.com/ )and they
informed me it was the correct one to use. It's been working fine for
two years.
I also installed a Pertronix Flame Thrower coil, which they
recommended. As I recall, they said that it would be necessary to
replace my coil with the Flame Thrower coil. However, I also put a
Pertronix ignition in my P5 a few years ago, and kept the original
coil, and it has been working fine since. I don't know if the V8
application requires the "hotter" coil...

Peter