[ROVERNET - UK] Rare TCs

S Manwell s_manwell at alum.swarthmore.edu
Mon Feb 11 02:17:53 GMT 2008

Hi Dirk,

You have at least one other rare TC, the red very late 1970 car.  It is
a Series I, but it has many of the features of the Series II Federal
cars -- sort of a Series 1.5.

The Series II type features include side marker lights and reflectors,
turn signal lights below the front bumper, alloy "2000" badges with a
black background, R-O-V-E-R letters on the lower left of the trunk lid,
ignition key with steering lock, lighted hazard light switch, all (as
far as I can tell) of the added Series II emissions components, ambla
seats with basket weave patterned pleats, and VIN number plate on the
driver's window sill trim.      My photo of the VIN shows 859004720 --
this is very close to the end of the 4987-car production run.  I forget
what month in 1970 it was built -- April or June I think.  The only
other very late Series I with these features that I have seen is Andre
Shay's car in Connecticut.

--Steve