[ROVERNET - UK] Rover 2000 interior for sale

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 23:05:31 GMT 2008

The interior is essentially "Buffalo".  The passenger
front seat has had the colour changed from red to dark
brown using "Magix" shoe dye. It now matches the OEM
other material.

The interior used to be in my "daily driver" until it
was retired from use.  I restored the driver's seat
after service as I thought that the interior would go
to a Rover owner with modest means.  Since he hasn't
contacted me again in a year, I need the space.

The driver's leather pleated squab section was
replaced.  I had a new seat back skin withe the
pleated panel.  I removed the new pleated panel and
sewed it into the similar area on the seat squab using
waxed linen thread.  I then turned the whole seat
cover upside down on my bench and poured Lexol onto
the unfinished back of the leather.  Repeated
applications use 3/4 of a bottle soaked into the
leather.  The rest of the leather components were
sprayed from the topside.  The leather product was
reapplied until it was supersaturated and I had to
wipe off the excess.

The seats would be an excellent solution for some
person.

There are no door casings or cards or handles for the
doors.  A person could use his existing parts and
spray them with dark brown Magix as I did for parts.

Eric

I thought that I should use the term "dark brown" just
to be safe.
--- Netspace <vmitps at netspace.net.au> wrote:

> My chocolate sense is 0, I hardly eat the stuff, and
> never cook with it.
> What colours are what, my TC is a 68 and has
> headrest slots (not round) in
> the seat backs.

Webmaster of The Rover Car Club of Canada
Website:  http://www.roverclub.ca/
Webmaster of a variety of sites from:
http://www.websrus.ca