[ROVERNET - UK] RE: Irregular Final Drive Still???

Steven Dibdin sdibdin at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 20 13:09:11 GMT 2008

I have had a similar problem with my TC. I timed the mile markers at 70mph a couple years ago and it came out that the speedo was spot on (Who knew!). But I do suspect that the tachometer is reading too fast. I know that the diff' is the original one. Speed on speedometer matches reality. But tachometer shows 4500 rpm @ 70 mph top gear.

I seem to remember Vern (?) mentioning that the ratio should be somewhere near 3,100 rpm @ 70 mph. So I'm guessing my tacho is off. Question is: Adrian, how did you calibrate your tacho? Could you share you method?

Cheers,

StevenD