[ROVERNET - UK] RE: Final Drive Issues

Adrian McDonald adrianmcdon at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 20 18:54:13 GMT 2008

I should have said that I "inter"calibrated by tacho with a multimeter. I set the engine rpm at 1000, 2000, and 3000rpm on the tacho and read what the digital multimeter displayed at the same time. The rpms on the tacho matched the rpms on the multimeter, hence I deduced that my rpms were right. That left me knowing with 99% certainty I was doing 3000rpm in 4th gear while driving along, and being 98% sure I was only doing 40 something mph instead of 58.5mph.

Also, I am not sure how to reply to messages on this thing. Not only a new P6 fiddler, but a new forum-er too!

Adrian