[ROVERNET - UK] Ebay motors - searching sucks!

Geoff Kirkpatrick britcarnut at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 03:08:00 GMT 2008

I'm in the "I hate it" camp.  Ebay Motors seems to be set up with a fundamental assumption that nobody will want to search for anything outside their home country.  I've found I can see an auction on Ebay France, for example, if I go directly into Ebay France.  If I try any kind of search from Ebay USA that I can think of, though, I cannot get that auction to appear.  What that says to me is that when I'm looking for, say, a Rover P5 fuel pump, as I did recently, there are potentially auctions out there somewhere on the planet for a Rover P5 fuel pump that I will never know about unless I go into each and every Ebay site worldwide.

That's a pretty crappy search technology, in my opinion.

Geoff

"This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible service to him."
- William Lyon Phelps
Geoff Kirkpatrick, 382 Riverside Avenue, Ben Lomond, CA 95005, USA