[ROVERNET - UK] P6B rear brakes - Oh no not again !

phing phing at videotron.ca
Tue Jan 1 22:40:05 GMT 2008

Vern
 Thanks for your advice on spreading the De D tube and jacking under the differential . I tend to worry about large lumps of motor
car balanced over my head ; I like as much rooom as possible and hefty jack stands under solid metal before I start work under a car
.
 As for the Rover manual , I agree its a good one, especially compared with the later Haynes manuals  . I would have been even more
impressed if it said that I needed to spread the de D tube to drop the drive shafts , [ and told me how to do it !!]instead of
stating  that removing the drive shaft bolts would allow the axle to drop neatly down .
Happy New Year
 Patrick