[ROVERNET - UK] westlake head questions

Linus Tremaine travellak1 at netzero.net
Mon Jan 14 02:00:33 GMT 2008

Hi,
I am interested in finding out some information on the similarities between the engine in my land rover and the rover p4 with the westlake head. Land rover put a IOE 6 cylinder in 811 long wheelbase trucks between 1966 and 1968. Land rover suppliers have pretty much quit supporting them entirely and I need some parts.

Does anyone on this list live in california near the bay area? I would like to see an engine to compare visually if possible.

I know that I have the westlake head. I need to find valve cover gaskets, inlet valves, valve guides and such.

thanks,
Linus