[ROVERNET - UK] More queries on P6 brakes

phing phing at videotron.ca
Sat Jan 26 16:55:08 GMT 2008

Hi
 I have the car on jack stands  , the brake callipers  in pieces , the master cylinders in place and an operating engine . Is there
any way to test the servo ?? What should I look for, brake fluid somewhere it shouldn't be  . I don't want to rip it apart unless I
know there is a problem , rebuild kits are too expensive and rare to squander on a" just in case ' rebuild.
 The cork floats in the master cylinder level switches have dried out and disappeared into a goo of cork flakes in the bottom of the
reservoirs . is there a quick fix for this , apart from sourcing new [ probably dried out ]?? ] float switches ? Abandon the whole
level warning light system and check the levels regularly ??
All comments gratefully received
 cheers
 Patrick